Saturday, November 7, 2009

Celebs @ The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

To be honest I was so exhausted from covering the AFI Film Festival and waiting in line, I feel asleep during the movie. I'm a big fan of Monty Python's Flying Circus but I think one reason the comedy classic was so successful was that the animation was just a dessert of the show not the whole meal. Director Terry Gilliam is extremely talented and has a brilliant mind but I think I would have to be high on Laudanum to get into this film. Watching the late Heath Ledger on screen, makes one remember how gorgeous he was and talented. Also what a waste to loose in a drug overdose. C'est La Vie. I knew that The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus wasn't going to be one of those films that I would rush out to see at the movie theatre. It didn't seem my cup of tea. Seeing it at AFI Film Festival with none of the 4 male leads Tom Waits, Johnny Depp, Collin Farrell & Jude Law seem to make it painfully obvious that something was lacking in the film. I will try to watch it on DVD at a later point to see if my observation is true.



No comments:

Post a Comment