Friday, June 25, 2010

Bert Schneider Mourning Michael Jackson

2009 was a heart wrenching year. Very odd, very cruel. To say I was in a fog after Michael Jackson passed would be an understatement. I was overwhelmed with grief which took me by surprise. It was if MJ was a beloved family member. Michael was a symbol of my youth and with his death, it literally felt like my childhood was over. The Jackson's represented something more to Black Americans than most can verbalize. They were our royal family our Kennedy's. But let me get back to the point, some people do drugs others like me get codependent. We all have our failings. I met Bert Schneider through Quween on the scene and although we no longer are in contact, the stories these two shared and the memories are Priceless. Sometimes with great pain one receives a gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment