Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Weiland Wasted?


Scott Weiland booking manager should have his/her head examined. While I was listening to the KILLERS, I was told that Weiland formerly of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and VELVET REVOLVER was scheduled to play a free concert at Hollywood & Highland. Why oh Why when Scott is scheduled to play Kimmel on Wednesday night. And why would he make fans make a choice between seeing the KILLERS or seeing SCOTT WEILAND. Weiland lost big time. I kept debating on whom to photograph. But I went with the KILLERS. My thought process, Weiland was going to be on the show on Wednesday so I would take the risk. Also knowing Weiland's history, I didn't think he would be on time to the 9pm start. I left after the KILLERS and ran across the street to see if I could get Scott Weiland. The crowd was miminmal and Scott looked wasted. He was talking a lot and his eyes looked full of sadness. He kept turning his back to the audience. I was disappointed with my shots. I'm adding only a few here. I wasn't impressed with his show. He reminded me of a luke warm David Bowie. I prefer the Original. Get it together Scott. Better luck to you on Wednesday. Maybe Monday night was just a rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment