Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rutger Hauer One of The Coolest Guys EVER


So yesterday, I'm eating yogurt and this tall well dressed man is walking past me. I sneak away and then someone tries to follow me but I shake them. I go up to the man and I know who he is RUTGER HAUER.
He is the coolest we talk for about 15 minutes. Can you say BLADE RUNNER? He tells me what he is up to. We talk about SAG (Screen Actor's Guild) (sucks). We talked about residuals and how much of his work he didn't get them. He tells me what he thinks about most TV shows. I tell him my favorites that are on HBO which isn't really TV. I tell him #1 Ladies Detective Agency and In Treatment with Gabriel Bryne. Matter of fact, I pitch him that he should do the show and play Gabriel's friend who is also a therapist and they could vie for the same woman's attention.

I didn't know at the time that Hauer had just completed submissions to a short film competition that he is spear heading so he was all pitched out. But I was doing it not for me but for him.
He is such a consummate actor if he is having challenges for the right roles than there is little hope for the rest of us. I checked out his website http://www.rutgerhauer.org/ Rutger also has a page for poets which makes me like him even more. What a great face and expressive eyes Mr. Hauer has.
I could have photographed him all day. I liked talking to him so much and in a way it was such an blatantly honest conversation about show bizness that I didn't video tape. The vibe was like a private conversation amongst friends although this lady was listening to the entire conversation.

3 comments:

  1. KAT,
    I thoroughly enjoyed looking at the photos and the reading your comments. What a thrill it must have been to share some time with "The Hauer"!!
    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. He is a Super Cool Person. Great Actor.
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Met him in 2012. Genuine person. My daughter is his "youngest fan". Loved your pics. He is the sweetest person.

    ReplyDelete