Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bristol Palin: Who Knew One Photo Would Cause So Much Trouble

Yes I took the above photo. It is currently running on People.com & Us Magazine.com
http://www.usmagazine.com/hotpics/photos/i-need-your-votes-2010511
I've covered Dancing With The Stars (DWTS) for several seasons. I always been a fan of dancing so it was a natural interest to follow the show. So this season, which is almost over, has been a roller coaster. Not just in front of the camera but behind the scenes. Just as DWTS is competitive, the competition between photographers as well as the agencies that sell the photos are highly volatile. After I sent my pictures of Bristol Palin in to the agency that sold the frame, in less than 24 hours I was contacted by another agent upset that I didn't send them the set when they saw my credit on People.com. Hey at least I get credit for my work for once. Personally I don't see what is so unusual about the picture. I think I send in good photos and videos all the time. Sometimes you are on a story like DWTS and you are shooting it for hours a day and nothing sells. And then one day the oddest thing does, case in point this picture. This picture has caused a reverberation of bad feelings between an agency and myself who felt that I slighted them whereas I think they are way off base. I'm a freelance photographer. I'm not owned by any agency. It is a funny world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment