Saturday, December 13, 2008

ALVIN AILEY Celebrates 50th Years

Unfortunately I have yet to photograph the ALVIN AILEY Dance Company so I have no photos of mine to put here. But I do what to give a shout out to Melena Ryzik from URBANEYE of the NY Times who did an excellent piece on the 50th Anniversary of the acclaimed dance troupe.
I have seen the ALVIN AILEY dancers perform. It is too hard for me to watch REVELATIONS without weeping it is simply ART at it's best. Oh to be a great dancer apart of ALVIN AILEY. Next life time. I'll will have to take a class there when I go to New York. If ever you have the opportunity to see the ALVIN AILEY Dance Company in person, you simply must. For now if you go to my http://www.youtube.com/kattalestv and look at my FAVORITES (videos), you will be able to see "REVELATIONS" and Ryzik's video.
I think "REVELATIONS" should be performed at the Innaguration of Barak Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment