Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Kiefer Sutherland Gets a Star!


24 Star, Kiefer Sutherland received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today. He was so over joyed, Sutherland later jumped up and down on it. Sutherland was surrounded by friends and family and seemed genuinely touched after he listened to warm remarks from Director Joel Schumacher and his dad fellow actor, Donald Sutherland. Personally, I'm not a big fan of 24 because of its pro stance on promoting torture. However, the show is very clever and several seasons ago had a Black President. I no longer watch TV but I'm aware of the shows popularity.
Also attending the ceremony was Angelina Jolie's father, Jon Voight. Both Donald Sutherland and Jon Voight took time to sign for their fans. I spoke to Donald Sutherland briefly. I said to him that KLUTE was one of my favorite movies. He smiled with a that was one of my favorite ones as well "Oh Yes!". Side note KLUTE starred Donald and Jane Fonda. Jane Fonda won an Oscar for her role as Bree Daniels. Also Sutherland and Fonda were in love during the filming.
A TMZ guy asked Donald what he was going to do for the holidays. Without missing a beat and with perfect timing Sutherland said, "I'm going to look for a job!" Dirty Sexy Money was canceled recently by ABC.
Not to worry the Sutherland family has loads of talent and I'm sure they won't be out of work for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment