Monday, December 15, 2008

SHAOLIN Wheel of Life Monks


Its a long story but I have had a love affair with Kung Fu, Martial Arts, Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Tony Jaa and the movie Shaolin vs Wu Tang Klan. A few years ago, I had the pleasure of being invited and going on stage with Shaolin Monks performing downtown. They were very nice and so talented. One Monk is balanced on spears with his full body weight pressed against them. So imagine my delight as I saw the familiar robes and shoes striding down Hollywood blvd. I immediately went over and spoke what little Chinese that I know. I asked if I could get one of their robes in purple. They said no. They were wearing beautifully bright fabric that flowed as they moved. There were a couple of English speakers in their group and I spoke with them about seeing the Monks previously. They told me that these were monks from the same temple but a different group and that they were performing in a new show SUPERSTAR DANCERS OF THE WORLD on NBC. This show has contestants representing 8 countries depicting a specific style of dance brought to you by the same producers who brought you AMERICAN IDOL and DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.
Anyway, one Shaolin Monk who was from England told me that when he was eleven, he saw the group perform and he knew that is what he wanted to be so he was accepted into the Chinese Monastery. I enjoy hanging out with the monks. We have a lot in common we both are getting any sex. By choice!!!! Ha Ha! Anyway, watch the videos and check out their site @ http://www.shaolinwheeloflife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment